Advice from Sam:
The quantities here are pretty much up to you. You will not make any mistakes - trust me. The key is to add what you like - basically just clean out the fridge. If you love mushrooms, add a bunch. If you hate mushrooms, give 'em to the dog and add something else.
Watch Sam cooking live on The DSC Show:
[Remember, the quantities and ingredients are really up to you, so add what you love, leave what you don't]
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 2 cups diced vegetables: carrot, celery, peppers, onions, green onions, mushrooms - pretty much anything you have
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cups cooked rice, cold - and cold is the important rice, so preferably day old
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Diced green onions for garnish
- Heat pan or wok on medium heat and cook bacon until just getting crispy - remove bacon and drain on paper towels but leave a couple tablespoons of grease in the pan
- Add vegetables and stir fry until just softened, about 5 minutes
- Add bacon and rice - stir with spatula constantly, breaking up pieces 3-5 minutes until hot
- Beat eggs in a small bowl and stir in soy & sesame oil
- Add egg mixture to rice and stir really well to combine and cook the eggs - 2 to 3 minutes
- Serve topped with green onions.
Try all of Sam's awesome recipes right here!