FRIED BOLOGNA SANDWICH
Not sure about bologna? I wasn't either... but then I fried some. This is crazy-delicious and should not be ignored! -Sam
INGREDIENTS -- Makes one, but a really good one.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bun or roll of your choice
- butter, softened
- 5 slices of bologna
- ½ tablespoon grainy mustard
- ½ tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices American cheese
- Heat small sauté pan on medium-high with olive oil, add the onions and cook until slightly caramelized, about 5 minutes
- While they cook, lightly butter the inside of each bun, place cut-side down on a flat top or large non-stick pan until lightly toasted
- Evenly space three small cuts, about 1/2 inch long into the outside edge of bologna - this will help it from curling up
- Melt 1 slice of cheese on 2 slices of bologna
- Spread mustard and mayonnaise on bottom half of the toasted bun and top with caramelized onions
- Then stack all the slices of bologna on the onions, starting with a melted cheese bologna on the bottom, then the other 3 slices and top with the remaining melted cheese bologna
- Place the top half of the bun on the sandwich
Treat yo-self! Check out all of Sam's delicious recipes right here!
Watch Sam make this!