Makes 1 waffle
What better way to celebrate National Waffle Day than with a waffle that has a fried egg in the middle?
- 6 ounces of waffle batter
- 2 tablespoons diced crispy bacon
- 1 egg
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat waffle iron
- Spray both sides with non-stick spray, add batter, sprinkle bacon on top and close lid - cook until done
- Remove waffle and cut a circle out of the center - large enough for the egg to go into band enough waffle left around the edges to hold it
- Heat non-stick griddle or pan, and add butter
- When the butter melts, put in the waffle with the cut-out circle beside it
- Crack an egg into the center of the waffle and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Cook until the egg is set on the bottom, carefully flip over (along with the cut out circle) and cooked until yolk side is set - remove to a plate along with the circle
- Cut and eat the egg and waffle together but use pieces of the cut out circle to dip into the yolk
Watch Sam make this:
More deliciousness from Sam The Cooking Guy right here!