How do you spell comfort food? I spell it: B-r-i-s-k-e-t G-r-i-l-l-e-d C-h-e-e-s-e.
Sam's got a couple of tips for how you can take your grilled cheese game to the next level:
- 2 tablespoons Finlandia butter*
- 1 clove garlic, minced, crushed or chopped fine
- 2 slices sour dough bread
- enough thinly sliced & heated brisket to cover one piece of the bread - don't skimp but you also don't want too much
- 2 slices Finlandia* cheddar cheese
- 2 slices Finlandia* jack cheese
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce - the mayo kind, not the grainy 'prepared' kind
- Put butter and garlic in a small bowl - mix well
- On one slice of bread, spread the horseradish sauce, add 2 slices of cheese, then the heated brisket, then the other slices of cheese, then top with last slice of bread
- Spread half the butter/garlic mixture on the bread and cook in a hot non-stick pan until golden brown
- Butter top side, flip and continue cooking until the bottom is golden as well
- Eat - but not too quickly even though you'll want to
*Finlandia butter is available at select COSTCO locations and other fine retailers.