Let's get corny! You can use either fresh corn that you grill or a can of corn - and trust me...the can is very easy and still really really good. Don't knock it until you've made it.
Recommended Cocktail Pairing: Bourbon Lemonade -- Make it!
- 3 ears of corn, husks removed, or
- 15 ounce can corn kernels
- 1 red pepper, diced small
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped to make about 1/4 cup
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of Kosher salt
- Brush corn with about 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and roast on the grill until softened and brown in spots (probably 20-25 minutes)- let cool, cut off the husk and put in bowl, or
- If using the canned corn, drain the water and cook corn in a very hot pan with a little oil until it softens a bit and starts to get browned in spots - then put in a bowl
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well - serve and smile
Still sweating? Make more cool salads!
Sam's got a few more ideas how to keep it cool when it gets hot!