The weather has turned (sort of) and now the food can too. And who wouldn’t like easy and wonderfully delicious biscuits & gravy? I don’t want to know that person…
By the way, making this with hot Italian sausage instead of pork breakfast sausage gives it a great flavor. -Sam
- one pound hot Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 to 21/2 cups milk
- Salt & pepper
- 5-6 biscuits, split in half
- Cook sausage over medium heat in a large pan until just no longer pink - about 5 minutes
- Sprinkle flour on top of sausage and mix well, cooking for a couple minutes
- Add milk and cook, stirring often until thickened, 4 to 5 minutes - this is the time to add more milk if you like it thinner
- Season to taste with salt & pepper and serve over biscuits
Watch Sam make this wonder before your very eyes.
Heading to a dinner party? Not sure what sort of beverage to bring? Sam's got you covered with a couple surprising and delicious suggestions!
Make Sam's margaritas right here!